Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 3 aka Let's Try to Stay Awake!

So here's the scoop:

This is day 3 of 7 in which I explain the suprising benefits of not being a mom (in our case not by choice).

And I am zonked out.  ZONKED!!!!  As I may have mentioned on Day 2, I threw my already injured back into some weird spasm.  As a result I have resorted to fairly strong pain medication and have been in a floaty, spacey, zone for the past 3 days.

So let's start there.  If I had a child (of any age), my mental state could be dangerous.  There is no way I could take care of a child who needs physical care and I would probably be the worst (or from a teen's perspective BEST) judge of what would be a safe, reasonable outing/curfew/etc. for a more independent child.

Today I spent the day watching corny television shows on Netflix on Sariel's android tablet, drifting in and out of sleep.  When I eventually stirred long enough to get myself off the bed and went through the HUGE task of making coffee, I decided to take a good long soak in the tub.  Did you hear that?  A GOOD, LONG SOAK.  Nobody knocking on the door, nobody jumping in with me, nobody nothing.  Just me, my smelly bath stuff, my deep, deep tub and a good book.  Sigh.

Tonight, we head out for a weekend long road trip when Sariel returns home from work....but that's for another post!

peace
shlomit

No comments:

Post a Comment